Re: more guns and guns and guns and guns and guns and guns

From: Joe E. Dees (joedees@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 17:28:46 MDT

Date sent: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:44:36 -0400
From: "Michael S. Lorrey" <mike@lorrey.com>
To: extropians@extropy.com
Subject: Re: more guns and guns and guns and guns and guns and guns
Send reply to: extropians@extropy.com

> QueeneMUSE@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I have been away from the list for over two years. I returned to see what was
> > the latest Extropian topic in nano, technology, creativity and other
> > futuristic realms, Yet this same topic - which clearly has two trajectories,
> > is being re-hashed over and over as nauseum. It was ongoing when I left. Just
> > like abortion, religion or taxation.. it continues ...wanking on and off and
> > on and off. Nothing changes.
> > Suggestion:
> > Why not spend time thinking up new and fresh debates?
>
> How about coming to a resolution, so the debate does not come up again?
>
> Mike

Exactly what I am working towards, but a solution determined by
logic, reason and rationality, not absolutist and apocalyptic
slippery-slope-domino-substitute-the-straw-man rhetoric, veiled or
unveiled threats of list removal by people who have lied about your
statements, or other logically fallacious and intimidatory devices.