Bows and arrows

From: Mark D. Fulwiler (mfulwiler@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 13:58:41 MDT

 "Michael S. Lorrey" wrote:
> Subject: Re: Guns
>
> That more people are
> not killed with bow and arrow I think is a testament to how stupid most
> criminals are.

But aren't bows and arrows rather bulky to carry around and hard to
conceal? This would seem to make them much less appealling than guns for
criminals. Also, someone could easily shoot you with a gun by the time
you set up your bow shot. Many criminals are indeed idiots, but not all,
so I would be willing to bet there are good practical reasons why arrows
are rarely used these days. It would make a good topic for a research
paper anyway.

Mark Fulwiler