Re: sci-fi/comedy

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 00:15:36 MDT

Star Trek 4 had some great lighter moments, such as:

1. Spock nerve pinching the obnoxious punk rocker

2. Spock's mastery of 20th century American slang:

    - scientist: You stay the hell away from my whales!
    Spock: They are not the hell *your* whales.

    -Kirk: How long until impact Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Approximately one damn minute, captain.

3. Scientist, picking up the tab for the pizza: I suppose now
you're gonna tell me no one has money in the 23rd century?
Kirk: We dont!

4. The final scene with the normally stone faced crew splashing
about and yukking it up in the San Francisco Bay.

Hilarious! At times I feel our list needs a bit of lightheartedness
mixed with the heavy science/technology/political ragings. Please,
what is the point of extending our lives if we are not having fun?

I do hope every one of you had access to some PBS station and
caught the three hour "Stealing Time" special. {8^D spike

Ralph Lewis wrote:

> try "The Last Days of Man on Earth" a twisted sense of comedy may be
> needed...

I have that. {8^D spike