Re: Nanotech Scenarios

From: Mark Phillips (clay8@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 16:19:13 MDT

Once again, Anders, you are quite correct. However, presumably nanotech is,
in fact, a cumulative research program with many (or at least more than one,
anyway) "fronts"--yet moving toward one destination (so to speak):
replicators/assemblers. This is the (at least QUASI-) "unitary"
breakthrough I was referring to. Of course, we must keep vocal and public
and so forth regarding the PATHWAYS leading toward the assembler
breakthrough, lest THEY become cloaked in Military/Political/Authoritarian
secrecy--then WE may still wind up as gray goo (or worse) at the hands of a
dictator such as, say, Sodomy Insane (er, I mean, well, YOU KNOW WHO I
MEAN...)

Best Regards to all,

MCP Toward (Meta)Cosmic Horizons!

picture