Guns

From: Mark D. Fulwiler (mfulwiler@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 01:11:18 MDT

The issue of guns is something I think ought to concern extropians
because of the possibility that gun ownership may help us increase our
life spans. The question of whether or not gun control does or does not
reduce homicides is a question of fact , not ideology. Your personal
feelings towards guns are irrelevant to the factual question. I think an
analysis of the facts shows the anti-gun people to have, by far, the
weaker case. Professor John Lott's book is a good starting point for
those unfamiliar with the issue. Mr. Lott does not engage in name
calling, responds calmly to criticism , and presents an excellent
overall case for private handgun ownership. Why is it that so many other
people can't discuss this issue without going off the handle?