ENVIRONMENT: Greenhouse effect...

From: Michael S. Lorrey (mike@lorrey.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 15:33:11 MDT

I just spent the weekend at camp with my cousin, the Antarctic geologist. The
preliminary results of his expedition this winter way down under, researching
buried ice that covers a time period from 8 million to 22 million years of age,
seems to indicate that greenhouse effects have no catastropic effect upon the
Antarctic Ice Sheet, and that we will not be flooded any time soon. More
definitive results confirming this await detailed analysis of core samples at
the Belgian lab that is part of his team. From this they will be able to
accurate plot weather patterns at the pole for this ancient time period.

Mike Lorrey