Re: Genetic Sex change operations?

From: Dennis Roberts (droberts@netvectors.com)
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 13:52:43 MDT

Spike Jones wrote:

> Is it imaginable that some form of nanorganism could be made
> to reside in our cells, perhaps devouring a small share of the
> ATP produced by the mitochondria, and providing in return,
> some... some what? Intuition? spike

How about something a little less nanotechnologically intensive.
A device, or collection of devices that aids homeostasis- monitors
internal states and tweaks them back to optimum- that resides in the
stomach and/or intestinal tract. A cybernetic " tapeworm". A minimally
invasive device, it could even be modular like a tapeworm. It might be