Re: retrograde technologies?

From: Chuck Kuecker (ckuecker@mcs.net)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 15:52:40 MDT

At 05:17 PM 5/29/99 EDT, Evmick wrote:

>this is an interesting point.. I'm wondering that with the advent of full
>blown nanotech will this argument go away?

Will nanotech evolve some sort of holographic memory of what is built? Some
sort of distributed memory over billions of small processors, highly
redudndant - even if a continent's worth of nanoassemblers were destroyed,
others could be tapped to recreate the entire database.

Assuming that anyone is around to use the data, of course...

Chuck Kuecker