Re: Non-lethal protective technologies?

From: Sasha Chislenko (sasha1@netcom.com)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 15:00:24 MDT

So there should be a lot less reasons to object carrying a phaser
stun than a conventional gun. Somehow I doubt that it would be
permitted. I'd be happy to carry one though, especially if it's
small and not too expensive. Should somebody help him collect money
for a prototype? sounds like a good investment.

And I don't think our ideas on issues of technology and liberty i
the long-term future are worth much if we can't logically analyze
the existing evidence of the current ones. Doing something now
to influence the future is the best use we can put our visions to.
That includes resolution of controversial issues and development
of new technologies, whether by writing code or making investments.

Alexander Chislenko <http://www.lucifer.com/~sasha/home.html>
Newsfilter page: <http://www.lucifer.com/~sasha/newsfilter_plan.html>