Re: Guns and Slaves

From: Joe E. Dees (joedees@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 21:49:38 MDT

From: EWyatt794@aol.com
Date sent: Fri, 28 May 1999 19:48:19 EDT
Subject: Re: Guns and Slaves
To: extropians@extropy.com
Send reply to: extropians@extropy.com

> In a message dated 5/28/99 7:46:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> joedees@bellsouth.net writes:
>
> << You mean that a man who ***is not free*** to kill many others at a
> distance and a moment's notice ***isn't free***? >>

That's a freedom most can do without, and that can only be
exercised once and with heavy legal consequence. It does not
matter. The dead are still dead, and the most grisly revenge
execution will neither resurrect his victims nor deter the killers of
future ones. Just tell me that Harris and Klebold feared the death
penalty.

> Empahsis added.
>
> William

Are the ones around the irresponsible and homicidal gunman who
can lose their lives without their knowledge or consent and are in
actual danger of doing so free at all, or merely unaware that they
are even less than slaves, but sheep in the slaughtering pen? I, for
one, do not want to live under that kind of slavery, the slavery of
random violence, any more than necessary, and consider the
denial of gun purchase, possession or ownersip to violent
criminals, the mentally deficient and/or deranged, spouse and/or
child abusers, and children to be a rational and reasonable
measure to take in order to limit the exposure of the general
citizenry to such a threat.