RE: >H Re: Deep time and shallow time

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 16:08:05 MDT

Eugene Leitl wrote:
> True, but whoever goes skidding around a singularity will know to
> readjust his clock when he comes back by synching it with those left
> behind. Unfortunately, there are no simple sensors directly measuring
> spacetime curvature.

Sure there are - that's what mass detectors do. You have to compute the
relativistic effects based on the measured mass, of course, but that's no
big deal. We've already got instruments that can pick up a mass of around
50 tons at a distance of a couple of miles, which ought to be good enough
for even really picky measurements.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com