meat aboard the roton

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 23:37:14 MDT

Doug Jones wrote: ...Anyway, I don't see the FAA seriously getting in the
way of me
personally participating in spaceflight (in about a year if things
continue to go well)....

Wait a minute Doug. When I heard that Rotary Rocket planned to man
the *first* roton, I nearly choked. I understand the reasoning behind
centrifugal pressurization and even autogyro landing, but the notion of
making the experimental vehicle manned, well the logic utterly escapes me.

The thought that the first rotonaut to put his ass on the line might be
you, my friend I must object strenuously. I cannot imagine why Rotary
Rocket is persuing this seemingly reckless course, and I would
be deeply saddened if any harm should come to one who might
even be one of my distant cousins. All of us Joneses are distant
cousins {8-] This is not intended as a criticism of the Roton;
we are behind you all the way. But please explain why RR is
putting meat aboard on the first ride. spike