RE: META: What did I do wrong?

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 12:57:12 MDT

Joshua Clingenpeel [Josh.Clingenpeel@wwu.edu] wrote:
>You can't call someone 'evil.'

Can't? Let's see now... 'Bill Gates is evil'. Yup, I did it. Obviously we
can call people evil without getting blasted by lightning bolts from above.

>That's about
>as rude as you can get.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether evil people consider me rude.

>He hasn't outright called anyone 'evil' or some other horribly demeaning
>name.

So what? In his case he's just another borganist who wants a wonderful
future society where everyone thinks just like him and all dissension has
vanished. That's a pretty damn evil suggestion, as far as I'm concerned,
since I -- and everyone I know -- have to die in order for it to happen.

Seriously, you don't think that wanting to replace the diversity of life
with bazillions of clones of yourself is evil?

    Mark