Re: low fat diets can be unhealthy

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Sat May 15 1999 - 18:17:20 MDT

In a message dated 5/15/99 5:15:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
sasha1@netcom.com writes:

> This article gave people a choice between being fat/unhealthy and being
> depressed.

I beg to differ.

Some months ago I made a post concerning the Atkins diet...(hi protein...low
carbohydrate)...it was met with considerable derision.

Consequently I did a little research.

There is another doctor who has done similar investigations. He has also
written a book. It's entitled "Protein Power" by Drs. Eades (husband and
wife)...

Url = http://www.eatprotein.com/

There is atkins as mentioned..

There is another dr. whose book I haven't read yet...his title is called "The
Zone"...

What I've gleaned from all of this is summarized in the Eades book.

 Briefly he says that for ten thousand generations man was a meat eater who
supplimented his diet with ocassional veggies...(Hunter Gatherer)...then the
agricultural revolution occured and our nutritional problems began.

He supports this by talking extensively about the egyptians.(also a great
number of footnotes and a bibliography) It seems significant information can
be gathered by examining egyptian mummies of which there a suprisingly large
number. Supposedly the egyptians had many of the same problems we
do....(heart disease...obesity...etc etc).....which their predescessors (the
hunter gathers.......) did not..

I suggest that anyone interested read Dr. Eades book.

Oh..by the way...it works.

I'm down to 225 from 280...in several months... And when I eat carbohydrates
(except for beer...which is where I get almost all of the carbs I eat...and
then I go to sleep)...I feel bad..

My normal diet is eggs...steak...milk....cheese...all the bad things.(and
beer of course..but I try to be moderate)

My brother is on a similar diet...with similar results. He has more money
than I have as well as access to medical services I don't. He's had his
blood composition monitored. Such things as triglycerides...cholesterol
levels...and things I've no clue as to what they are...have all improved
considerably.

Of course...youre milage may vary..

EvMick
Oklahoma City.