I Am Deeply Angry

From: david_musick@juno.com
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 01:21:50 MDT

        I am deeply angry that no one has noticed me and what I have to offer to
the world. I am deeply angry that no one cared enough about me as an
individual to ever ask me if I wanted to do what they forced me to do. I
am deeply angry that no one wanted to listen to what I had to say.
        I feel like the people around me have abandoned me and left me to fend
for myself. I wonder why people thought so poorly of me that they didn't
think that what I thought mattered enough to ask and mattered enough to
listen.
        I see now that many people feel this way, and I wonder why we continue
ignoring each other. Everyone seems so scared of each other, and I
wonder why we continue being so cruel to each other. I see many talented
people who are ignored, and I wonder why we care so little of the value
they have to offer to the world that they remain unsupported and their
talent is wasted.
        I am deeply angry at those who demand obedience and conformity. I am
deeply angry at those who demand that I sacrifice my own happiness to
accomplish their goals.
        I am deeply angry because I was raised by an angry society. I was
raised by a society that consistently chooses violence when they could
choose peace. I was raised by a society which consistently chooses to
maintain conflicts between individuals when they could choose to resolve
all conflicts.
        I am deeply angry because people continue traditions of dominance and
violence. I am deeply angry at those who use fear and guilt to control
others. I am deeply angry at those who hurt others.
        I am deeply angry at those who have allowed the violence and abuse to
continue for thousands of years because they were too afraid to oppose
it. I am deeply angry at those who are obedient and subservient and who
do not oppose those who cause suffering.
        I am deeply angry at myself for allowing others to hurt me. I am deeply
angry at myself for being afraid of others. I am deeply angry at myself
for consistently sacrificing my own happiness because of my fear that
others will hurt me for being different.
        I am deeply angry at those who have no respect for others, and I am
deeply angry at those who have no respect for themselves.
        I am deeply angry at all that I think is wrong in the world, and I want
things to be different, to be better.

        I want to live in a world where every individual is respected. I want
to live among people who value each other and pay attention to each
other. I want to live among people who enjoy living together. I want to
live among people who are intelligent and creative and who share their
value with each other.
        I want to live among people who are not afraid of each other. I want
to live among people who don't use guilt and fear to control each other.
I want to live among people who allow each other to choose their own way
of living. I want to live among people who choose to live peacefully
with each other. I want to live among people who choose to help each
other.
        I want to live among people who value each other and who seek to be of
greater value to each other. I want to live among people who explore
their own and each other's potential. I want to live among people who
share their knowledge and skills with each other. I want to live among
people who enjoy living and who share their enjoyment with others. I
want to live among people who teach each other how to be happy.

        I want to live in a world where I am valued as an individual, where
people care what I think and what I want. I want to live in a world
where I am valued as an individual, where I am allowed to be different
and explore my own ways of doing things. I want to live in a world where
everyone is valued and cared for.

        Because such a world is the result of our choices, people can make the
choice to live in that sort of world. To choose such a world, we must
simply choose to have respect for others and have an interest in other's
lives.
        We can help people develop their talents and skills so they become more
valuable to themselves and others. We can help people learn to solve
problems well and to make good decisions for themselves. People can be
taught valuable thinking skills and learn to use their minds to improve
their own lives.
        People can be supported financially and educationally until they can
support themselves and then be capable of helping others. People can be
recognized as the valuable assets that they are, and people can be taught
how to increase their value, to themselves and to others.

        We can choose to live in the world we want. By being kind, we choose to
live in a world where people are kind. By caring for others, we choose
to live in a world where people are cared for. By valuing others, we
choose to live in a world where people are valued. By respecting others,
we choose to live in a world where people have respect for each other.
        By not hurting others, we choose to live in a world where people are not
hurt by others. By allowing others to develop their own ways of living,
we choose to live in a world where people are not forced against their
will.
        By teaching each other, we choose to live in a world where people have
knowledge and skills. By helping each other develop our talents, we
choose to live in a world of talented people. By helping each other
prosper, we choose to live in a world of prosperity.
        Because we can learn from each other, we can learn to choose a world we
would all rather live in.

- David Musick

please copy and distribute this message freely

David_Musick@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]