Re: Information & Power /Alexandria library

From: Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@mercury.colossus.net)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 14:27:51 MDT

> These are just a few examples and I can give many more if you like,
> of these scientific anomalies.

These are scientific "anomalies" only if you apply that term to
simple problems that scientists have a too pitifully limited
imagination to find the simple solutions. In many of these cases,
such as pyramid building methods, /engineers/ have tried to
re-create what ancients might have done--and succeeded in every
case. The crystal skulls are trivial, for instance: tool marks
can be removed by the simple expedient of sitting them in a
running stream for a few years. Hardly high tech. Stones even
as large as those on Easter Island have been moved using nothing
more than mechanical devices made from logs and muscle power.
There may well be one or two technologies lost, but if any of
them have any practical use today, they'll be found again in no
time. If not, then what do they matter?

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,