Re: Gender importance (was Future Relationships)

From: Jocelyn Brown (jocelynb@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 09:57:44 MDT

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that either your definition of
culture
>is different than most, or you're claiming that gender is biologically
>determined.
>
>-Eric

How else would it be determined? Even if a person is transgendered, where
the mental sex doesn't agree with the hardware, it is still a biological
issue, since all mental processes are ultimately biological. Transgenderism
is simply two aspects of biology in disagreement with each other.

Jocelyn Brown
jocelynb@mindspring.com
"I am a part of all that I have met." "A man is only as good as
what he loves."
     -- Lord Alfred Tennyson -- Saul Bellow