Re: Nanorgasm

From: Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@mercury.colossus.net)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 17:07:48 MDT

We, as a culture, have hardly begun to explore the sexual
possibilities of even conventional technologies. This is
an area ripe for research. Other than a few chemicals and
a few electrical gadgets and a few operations, there's
really not been much progress in the area in decades.

Mostly that is because of cultural and legal biases
against such technology. Indeed, Alabama tried to outlaw
sex toys recently (the case is currently in court).
Research into such things as MDMA is restricted.
Worst of all, it's illegal to make a business out of
providing sexual gratification in certain ways, so there's
no strong free-market incentives for research.

If you want to see more technology here, I think the
best approach is fight the legal and cultural barriers.
Ridicule the prudes, fight the despots, celebrate and
exalt the hedonistic heroes.

Then of course, there's personal research.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,