Soul - Prove/Disprove?

From: John Heritage (xebec@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 06:07:44 MDT

    I have a few questions :

    1> Does anyone know of a way (ethical or unethical - I'm asking
purely for knowledge) to "test" and "prove" whether or not
    there is an existance of a soul that "attaches" to the human body
somehow?

    2> We've had transplants of all kinds of organs - but we've never
had a brain transplant. If I were to detach my brain physically
        from myself, and have it attached to something else that it can
communicate with (either another body, a machine that reacts
        to it like a body, etc etc) -- would I have the same
conciousness/be the same person? (this one may not be obvious).

    3> Final Question is I remember mentioning "uploading" of a
person's brain as a topic in here -- I will be searching the archives
for
        this information later today (and I apologize for the redundancy
of this message) -- could someone email me some URLs on
        information discussed regarding this topic?. (uploading : ie:
conversion of the brain cell-by-cell into something mechanical?).

    Thanks alot,

    John R Heritage, Jr
    xebec@home.com

    P.S. You can direct your replies to either my address or the list
as you desire--Thanks.