Re: [Re: Positive AI plots]

From: Anders Sandberg (asa@nada.kth.se)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 01:37:37 MDT

Jake Shannon <jakeshannon@usa.net> writes:

> I love that game! I haven't played in years, do you play over the net?

We play in physical reality (although a number of my fellow players
have started mailing an awful lot). One interesting thing is to note
that after playing roleplaying games with each other for over ten
years, we have begun to infect each other with views. Half of the
gaming group is now active transhumanists.

BTW, the game I mentioned in the "Colonize Atlantis" thread is up and
running now. We'll see if it works, but hopefully I will be able to
post the setting to the net in a few weeks. To keep this post slightly
on-topic, it does feature several positively depicted AIs (ranging
from a futurologist AI acting as a researcher/interface to a massive
supercomputer to the software rock-band Solid State: "You humans have
your evolutionary past as an excuse for your behavior. I haven't got
any excuse. Who cares?!").

Anders Sandberg                                      Towards Ascension!
asa@nada.kth.se                            http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/
GCS/M/S/O d++ -p+ c++++ !l u+ e++ m++ s+/+ n--- h+/* f+ g+ w++ t+ r+ !y