Re: Pulsed radio technology

From: Timothy Bates (tbates@karri.bhs.mq.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 20:02:22 MDT

regarding <http://www.usatoday.com/money/bcovfri.htm>

Billy Brown said
>These guys need to find a science reporter who knows what a radio wave is.

No, I the points made are remarkably veridical for USA today. They are using
particle beams instead of waves. While you could think of this as ultra-low
frequency EMF, it is more correct to think of particle beams. Especially as
these are potentially very high energy particles whereas Ultra low EMF would
be by definition very low energy (Plank's constant and all that).

I found the article very illuminating and promptly sold Qualcom spread
spectrum stock down.

cheers,
tim