Re: reasoning under computational limitations

From: hal@rain.org
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 00:04:48 MDT

Wei Dai, <weidai@eskimo.com>, writes:
> I don't understand this either. How can there be a infinity of points at
> one Planck time after the Big Bang at the center of mass of the universe?

I don't think the universe has a center of mass in most models. The
homogeneity of the universe is a fundamental assumption. A homogeneous
universe may be spatially closed, like the surface of a hypersphere,
and have a finite size. Or it may be spatially open, like a plane,
and have an infinite size. But in neither case is there a center of mass.

Hal