RE: POL: Anarchism vs Limited Government

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 12:05:08 MDT

Ron Kean wrote:
> In practice, a limited amount of initiation of force may be a price that
> has to be paid in order to have a functioning criminal and civil justice
> system.

I agree with this, but there is an additional point that I think must be
kept in mind with regards to schemes for privately produced law. Any entity
that has the power to make laws, and to enforce them, has a de facto power
to initiate the use of force against anyone it doesn't like. This power can
be controlled in various ways, but we must start by realizing that it
exists.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com