Re: melissa and her daughters

From: Bryan Moss (bryan.moss@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 09:14:41 MDT

Spike Jones wrote:
> Mostly I see Microsloth is at fault for not lifting a
> corporate finger to secure word macros against just such a
> thing. As Peter McCluskey pointed out, the concept virus
> was known, a loooong time ago, yet, as far as I know,
> Microsloth is stillll shipping Word with macros enabled, a
> feature which will be used by few, but is a dangerously
> efficient superhighway for creating and spreading malicious
> code.

The following dialog appears when you try to load macros into Word 97.
"The document you are opening contains macros or customizations. Some
macros may contain viruses that could harm your computer. If you are
sure this document is from a trusted source, click Enable Macros. If
you are not sure and want to prevent any macros from running, click
Diable Macros." The "Disable Macros" button is highlighted by
default.

BM