Re: META: Knowledge Sharing

From: Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@mercury.colossus.net)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 10:35:13 MST

> I also noticed he has an opinion on basically everything...much
> of what he has posted is little more than polemic or rhetoric.

Polemic and rhetoric in defense of life and liberty is a good
thing. Letting those with dangerous ideas go unopposed gives
the impression of tacit approval. Sure, it's inconvenient to
listen to the same arguments many times, but it's a lot better
than letting bad ideas go unanswered.

As much as it annoys us that so many people lack "basics" we
think everyone should know, the fact is that they do, and the
means for them to educate themselves are often inadequate
(whoever suggested that people should use the net to get a
basic science education gave me a good laugh for the day).

It is likely that the content of this list will be repetitive
now and then. That's OK. Education requires repitition, and
this list serves to educate. Those of us who want more in-
depth discussion can have that too, and if you want to avoid
the basic discussions, that's fine: but don't try to prevent
them, or you'll be shooting yourself in the foot by preventing
newbies from becoming the next wave of in-depth participants.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,