Re: Privacy

From: Eddie Sullivan (promixr@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 17:00:11 MST

I was always taught that in order for something to be a lie three conditions
must be met...
a) the statement must be untrue
b) the purpose of the statement is to deceive
c) the person it is told to is entitled to the truth
In the case of the Jews/SS an argument could be made for the fact that the SS
were simply not entitled to that information. Therefore the statement could be
considered as something else than unethical lying...