Re: MIL: Warfare Basics

From: den Otter (neosapient@geocities.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 09:15:01 MST

----------
> From: Billy Brown <bbrown@conemsco.com>

> I understand the Air Force has had successful tests of their new airborne
> anti-missile laser. This looks to me like the way to go for near-term
> anti-missile systems - it is much easier to hit a missile with a laser than
> another missile.

Yes, and it's considerably cheaper and safer too. Lasers could not
only be very effective against missiles, but perhaps even more so against
aircraft both as land/ship based AAA and fitted to any (military) aircraft
(especially fighter planes). The aircraft's engines could (partially) power
the laser.