Re: Nanotech has gone mainstream

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Mar 21 1999 - 09:37:30 MST

I didn't get the impression that anyone was talking diamondoid drextech,
so there's no reason why they *should* credit him. There's no reason
why they should invoke Feynman, either, but he's a Name.

Feynman was a Nobel-prize-winning physicist, as well as an excellent
explainer, and scientists tend to be very fond of him. It's not that
Drexler is being left out in the cold, I think, but that only *we* would
suggest that he was equal to Feynman - I happen to think so, but only
because of the part he played in hypertext and thus the creation of the Web.

--
        sentience@pobox.com          Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
         http://pobox.com/~sentience/AI_design.temp.html