Nanotech has gone mainstream

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 23:32:31 MST

In the 12 March 99 issue of Science, there are three
sober articles on nanotech or close derivative. Between
them are 244 references. All three articles reference Feynman,
but not one mention of K.Eric Drexler.

Someone who is up on the politics of science, please
explain to me: why is it that as soon as one publishes any
proletariate level popular science book, they automatically
lose all credibility in the field and are shunned by their
fellow scientists? Or am I reading too much into the
aparently intentional oversight? spike