RE: Colonize Atlantis!

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 10:52:15 MST

ASpidle@aol.com wrote:
> Anders, I think any future scenarios must include
> intelligence augmentation
> and virtual people and hybrids a la Gary Egan's book "Diaspora"..

If you want to be realistic, throw in advanced robotics, automated
manufacturing, genetic engineering and extensive biological modification.
You can still avoid AI and nanotech if you want to, but you need to come up
with a pretty good justification if you're setting a story centuries in the
future.

But role-playing games commonly accept a lower standard of fidelity in the
interest of playability. You don't want to spend your first three game
sessions trying to explain the world to your players, after all.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com