Re: META: Improving the list

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 05:30:49 MST

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky [sentience@pobox.com] wrote:
>My guess: PPLs require too much attention, for too small a group to
>make it necessary, and too small a reward to make it worth it.

I'm not so sure. All you really need is a database on the server where
list members register their choice of PPL, such that it's added as a
header in the outgoing mail. Recipients can then filter out the PPLs
they don't want to receive mail from, and if senders break the restrictions
imposed by their PPL the PPL owner can kick them out into 'anarchy'.

As long as we can filter on arbitrary headers, this would work.

    Mark