Extropian Conformity & Kook Zones

From: Freespeak (f-prime@activist.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 16:46:09 MST

Consider three zones:

1. Ideas superior to Extropian Conformity
-- the "Superior Kook Zone."

2. Ideas acceptable to most Extropians
-- the "Extropian Conformity Zone."

3. Ideas inferior to Extropian Conformity
-- the "Crazy Kook Zone."

Examples of ideas that possibly belong to
the Superior Kook Zone:

(a) DEEP ANARCHY -- AN ELIMINATIVIST VIEW
OF "THE STATE" by Max T. O'Connor
<http://www.buildfreedom.com/tl/tl07d.htm>,
originally published in Extropy #5. Some of
the ideas and inferences that logically follow
from them, I suspect, would be condemned to the
Crazy Kook Zone by most Conforming Extropians.

(b) Most Extropians would be much healthier
if they increased their ratio of raw/unprocessed
to cooked/processed food. Some would achieve
optimum health by not eating any cooked food
<http://www.buildfreedom.com/healmain.htm>.
I suspect that most Conforming Extropians
would condemn the idea of eating raw meat
(particularly chicken and pork -- selmonella,
trichinosis, toxoplasmosis, etc. will kill you!)
to the Crazy Kook Zone.

(c) Most Americans are free to not pay so-called
"income taxes" and can "unvolunteer" with less
risk than driving their cars -- Fiscal Freedom
<http://www.buildfreedom.com/taxmain.htm>. Most
Conforming Extropians, I suspect, would condemn
this idea to the Crazy Kook Zone.

Frederick Mann

Best Freedom Site on the Web - <http://www.buildfreedom.com/>.
Freedom/Liberty Portal - <http://www.buildfreedom.com/ft/>.
International Libertarian Network, USA Coordinator -
<http://maxpages.com/libertarian>.
Freedom & Financial Independence Lists -
<http://www.buildfreedom.com/ourlists.htm>.