Re: GUNS: Accidental Deaths (was Re: FAQ Additions (Posthuman mind control))

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 12:41:03 MST

newstrom@newstaffinc.com wrote:
>Why do you assume that if I think the Right Wing is lying, that I must
>believe the Left Wing?

By the tone of your comments, implying that EvMick must be listening to
lying right-wing radio if he didn't hear enough stories about kids getting
shot to back up the anti-gun propaganda?

>When a pro-gun argument is made with incorrect statistics, it diminishes
>the cause.

Yet when an anti-gun argument is made with plain old lies, the mass media
continue to lap it all up; the gun argument is less about facts and reality
than preconceived ideas.

Your figures, incidentally, had one year when 34 kids under 5 were
accidentally shot and killed; I couldn't tell from Mike's message whether
he meant 31 in 35 years (obviously silly) or 31 per year... if the latter
then he's pretty much in agreement with the other source.

>You incorrectly assume that only "anti-gun hordes"
>would care to correct this.

No, I said that only the anti-gun hordes would care about a few kids getting
shot when there are so many other ways that kids die all the time. Their
priority is clearly banning guns, not saving kids.

    Mark