Contrail Analysis

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 12:07:19 MST

Since Environmental News Service published accounts on
jets spraying "contrails" that make people sick, I have
seen an explosion of such accounts. While there has been
a track record of military experimental spraying over U.S.
cities, it is unclear to me whether the recent widespread
claims of a correlation between contrails and sickness are
accurate or are perhaps a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy
(http://assiniboinec.mb.ca/user/downes/fallacy/posthoc.htm).

After getting reports of unusual contrail formations in my
area, I went out and observed and photographed a surprising
proliferation of contrails. I've concluded that attributes
assumed to indicate a contrail is spray are attributes of
normal contrails under variable atmospheric conditions.

I took many photographs, some of which provide proof that
assumed-to-be-abnormal attributes of contrails are normal,
and as such are not evidence of spraying. See my analysis
with photos: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/contrail.htm

Accounts that my observations do not address are those of
"cobwebs," "angel hair," or a gel-like substance falling.
There was one inexplicable contrail that I photographed.

Visit Ian Williams Goddard ------> http://Ian.Goddard.net

GODDARD'S JOURNAL --> http://erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm