RE: Y2K: Am I paranoid?

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 06:26:50 MST

Randall Randall wrote:
> But can we really rely on each computer performing the same error in
> calculation? ;)

Of course not. I was just pointing out that even if a chip has date-related
processing, and it isn't compliant, and it generates false results, you
still don't necessarily cause the whole device to fail. Most of the time
you just confuse its reporting functions - a warning light goes on, or fails
to go on, or you get odd-looking numbers on your maintenance report, or
whatever. Since everyone knows about the Y2K issue, that isn't a big deal.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com