A moral zero-point?

From: joe dees (joedees@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 16:22:49 MST

Joe E. Dees
Poet, Pagan, Philosopher

attached mail follows:

The original message was received at Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:48:58 -0500 (EST)
from www6.bellsouth.bigfoot.com [208.156.60.166]

extropy@extropians.com

550 extropy@extropians.com.. Host unknown (Name server: extropians.com: host not found)

attached mail follows:

At Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:40:38 -0500, you wrote:

>Samael wrote:

Morality is connected with actions (or their forbearance). Not to act at all cannot be considered a zero point, however, in, say, the case of an excellent swimmer who just sits on the shore like a sodden log whilst clearly perceiving the gurgling plaints of a drowning child. The reason that there is no zero point is that there are multifarious circumstances (not to mention many ethical systems) which can not agree on such a common reference.

Joe E. Dees
Poet, Pagan, Philosopher