Re: Property and life

From: Dick.Gray@bull.com
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 11:27:50 MST

Terry Donaghe writes:
>Well, Ayn Rand outright says that there's no such thing as society.
>She says the entire concept is nonsense.

Hate to contradict someone who's on my side, but this is simply untrue, or
I'll eat my hat. Can you quote an reference for this? I've read everything
Rand wrote (I think), I subscribed to the Objectivist (in its several
incarnations) and the Ayn Rand Letter and still have every issue of these
publications. Nowhere do I recall her stating that the concept of society
is nonsense.

Unfortanately, she did write that anarchy is nonsense. Well, nobody gets it
right every time...

Dick