Re: TimeTravel

From: Joe E. Dees (jdees0@students.uwf.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 15:39:02 MDT

The reason travel into the past is, at the least, a dangerous
proposition, is due to the logic underlying the Heisenberg
Uncertainty Principle. One cannot perceive without interaction, and
that interaction may alter the subsequent flow of events in
unpredictable (and perhaps catastrophic - see sensitive
dependence on initial conditions and the butterfly effect) ways.
Even the gravity of our bodies could alter things in unexpected
manners. To travel into the past would be to alter the past's future,
our present. If it were ever found to be possible, it should be
forbidden in the interests of self-preservation. Joe