Re: Cryonet Message #10564 - nanoassembly

From: Hara Ra (harara@shamanics.com)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 12:43:04 MDT

At 10:42 PM 10/15/98 -02-30, Bernard Hughes wrote:

>> The next Lego problem is to eliminate the major non-Lego components,
>
> Sounds pretty ambitious for a first attempt. It seems to me a macro scale
>assembler would be very useful.

I agree that it is ambitious. However, building the components needed to
pickup and join Lego blocks should be feasible with a limited budget. I
have no objection to placing something on the blocks to identify their
types, such as the barcodes you suggest. The idea is a low cost approach
which is affordable for amateur nanotechnolgists. And, of course, to
identify the higher level problems which as yet remain undiscovered.

| Hara Ra <harara@shamanics.com> |
| Box 8334 Santa Cruz, CA 95061 |
| |
| Man, Debug Thyself |