[BOOK] Exons, Introns, and talking genes

From: Brian D Williams (talon57@well.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 08:34:06 MDT

Those interested in learning more about gene research and molecular
biology might be interested.

Exons, Introns, and Talking genes: The science of the Human Genome
Project by Christopher Wills ISBN 0-465-02168-9

>From the preface by the author:

" Please, If you only have a glancing acquaintance with genetics or
none at all, please start at the beginning and follow patiently
along. I have designed this book to introduce you step by step to
the amazing world of molecules and genes, while doing my best not
to bore readers who know a fair amount already. By the end you will
be quite comfortable with such esoterica as gene mapping, RFLPs and
introns."

The books opens with a scenario where a genetic neurosurgeon is
trying to repair the damage to a crack addicted mothers infant.

It will warm your extropian hearts.

Brian
Member, Extropy Institute