Re: Zero Sum?

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 11:36:20 MDT

John Clark (jonkc@worldnet.att.net) asked:

>I write a computer program that increases the efficiency
>of a company and lowers it's expenses by by 20$. I sell
>it to the company for 10$. Where is the zero sum?

  IAN: The zero-sum exists in total, if expenses
  were 5 (just as a random example) and then they
  became 2, they were 3 more and now are 3 less,
  that's 3 + (-3) = 0 difference over all time.

  If the expense of running A (something) is 5 more
  than the expense of running B (nothing), then the
  expense of B is 5 less than running A, which
  means we have 5 + (-5) = 0 total experience.

  Zero expense exists, since the entire universe
  (sum total of all space-time) expends (losses)
  nothing. Yes, heat is lost, but ONLY by sub-
  sets of All. All is always the same as it-
  self, and thus the expense of All = 0.

  That is why everything is a zero-sum game.
  Is this not logical? If not, then how so?

VISIT Ian Williams Goddard --------> http://Ian.Goddard.net