Re: Zero'th Law

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 20:41:45 MDT

Thom Quinn (evolu@evolutionary.org) did ask:

>Last week, there was a discussion on the zeroth law of robotics.
>I once heard of the zeroth law of thermodynamics, but have never
>seen it listed anywhere. What is the zeroth law of thermodynamics?

  IAN: The zeroth law of thermodynamics seems
  circular to me. It states that if you have
  two bodies A and B, and the temperature of
  A = B, and you have another body C, the
  temperature of which equals that of
  A and B, then A = B = C. Gasp!

http://library.advanced.org/3659/thermodyn/zeroth_law.html

  My law of zero-temperature says that the
  temperature of All (such as the whole uni
  verse, all space and time) is zero, since
  the hottest part of All is as much hotter
  (+) than the coldest parts as the coldest
  parts are colder (-), and this equal and
  opposite symmetry sums to zero difference.

  This is also true for any subset of All.
  Of the time period covering 24 hours, the
  temperature in a room has points/periods
  that are hotter and that are colder, and
  the net difference equals zero. Since any
  numerical temperature is measured by its
  difference from temperature = zero, and
  since 1 - 1 = 0 and 0 - 1 = -1, net dif-
  ference/temperature always equals zero.

  Everything is a state of difference,
  and net difference always equals zero.
  This is the Great Void known as Brahman.

VISIT Ian Williams Goddard --------> http://Ian.Goddard.net