Re: Logic of Zero

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Sat Sep 26 1998 - 21:14:18 MDT

At 12:26 PM 9/27/98 +1200, J. Maxwell Legg wrote:

>Systems need to change and they need to be able to anticipate their own
>future behavior or change and the constructions that permit them to see
>themselves across some stages of change. My gut feeling is that zero
>can't do this.

  IAN: Change is defined by its displacement from zero
  change. If a system anticipates its change, it must
  use "no change" as a hypothetical point of measure
  the deviation from which defines a state of change.
  So zero is implicit in the measurement you speak of.

VISIT Ian Williams Goddard --------> http://Ian.Goddard.net