Re: Interesting Article

From: Kathryn Aegis (aegis@igc.apc.org)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 11:29:44 MDT

I almost just posted that URL! The NYT website has been down, so I
guess we're all catching up on the science articles.

I thought the article was a very useful assessment of the present
problems related to string theory, with one noteable exception--it did
not mention its relation to multiverse theory, and that multiverse
theory may itself develop into the overarching 'universal' theory, with
string theory as a sub-universal explanation of phenomena in our own
universe. Several excellent articles have been written about
multiverse theory lately in general media outlets, so it's not as if
it's not on the radar screen right now.

Sin,

Kathryn Aegis