Fw: Soleri

From: Andrew Soule' (nihil311@imap3.asu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 18:51:23 MDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Soule' <nihil311@imap3.asu.edu>
To: 'extropians@extropy.com' <'extropians@extropy.com'>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 10:46 PM
Subject: RE: Soleri

I noticed a comment about Soleri's work and just wanted to add something. Although his writing is a bit too vague at times he has a lot of value to offer Transhumanist philosophy. Not only are his architectural and communal goals pretty much aligned with the focused evolution of mankind, (and in a way overlooked by a lot of individual-oriented rationalists), his theological framework <uh oh> helps make sense (a little) out of western eschatologies (Christianity especially). Now, I have had trouble critically analyzing his work of this nature, but it does offer some perspective (if it is lacking in scientific support). Also the Paradox Seminar at Arcosanti has been host to many Nanotech and advanced Computer Science gurus among other intellectual leaders. Anyway I hope some of this is relevant :)

Anyone?