Re: Extropian Principles 3.0: Please comment on new version draft

From: Joe Jenkins (joe_jenkins@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:28:12 MDT

---Hara Ra <harara@shamanics.com> wrote:

> >>"Dynamic" contrasts with "passive".
> >
> How about "Active"?

This was probably everyones first consideration. I quickly changed it
to "Interactive Optimism" as my favorite. "Interactive Optimism"
stresses the role one plays in developing transhuman technologies.
Most of our goals cannot be reached by singular humans. In many cases
we must even "interact" with would-be opponents as covert allies.
"Interactive", contrasts passive completely, while adding the positive
attitude of voluntary cooperation and without any negative connotations!