Vinge Discussion will be 9/6-19

From: Robin Hanson (hanson@econ.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 15:05:09 MDT

On 8/17/98 I announced:
>You are all invited to participate in a two week long open
>discussion of Vinge's singularity concept on this list, to
>begin soon after Sept. 1. Excerpts from this discussion will
>appear in Extropy Online (http://www.extropy.org/eo/).

13 comments on Vinge are at: http://hanson.berkeley.edu/vc.html
His replies are at: http://hanson.berkeley.edu/vr.html
The two week discussion period will be Sept. 6 to 19. For that
period, Vinge and commentors will receive all Extropians messages
with "singularity" in the subject line.

Vinge has warned me that "given the exigencies of school, I may
be slow and/or brief (ie, not very dialogue-like)." If you
want to tell me of posts (by others) you think particularly
deserving of inclusion in the Extropy Online excerpts, forward
them or their archive URL to me, with "good" in the subject line.

Robin Hanson
hanson@econ.berkeley.edu http://hanson.berkeley.edu/
RWJF Health Policy Scholar, Sch. of Public Health 510-643-1884
140 Warren Hall, UC Berkeley, CA 94720-7360 FAX: 510-643-8614