Re: SENTISM - gabgab

From: J. Maxwell Legg (income@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 20:12:59 MDT

Avatar Polymorph wrote:

<snipped> ... too many valid arguments

> example, why not work out protocols of 'first contact' with aliens and
> extropes (beings from other universes)? I imagine what we would ask for
> is extra physical space through spacetime manipulation, don't you think?
> I would. This would be my first request.

Under your earlier propositions in which Earth's trade has been reduced to
AIs, operating solely in say ecological and ethical /neuronal relationships,
how will Earth convince these aliens (Ferrengis- sp?) to join in meaningful
dispositions? This isn't a trick question and I hope you have the answer.
For example, will our communication nets be so open and persuasive as to
absorb and convince all comers to give freely?