The Physics of Immortality

From: Bryan Moss (bryan.moss@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 10:06:53 MDT

I have question concerning Tipler's beliefs. I've
heard people on this list say he uses his Omega
Point theory to justify his religious beliefs, but
from what I understand his theory states that
there will be infinite computation and all beings
that have ever existed or could have existed will
be resurrected. Does he use this as justification
for religious beliefs? Personally I can't see any
link between the potential existence of a God-like
entity and worship. Or does the Omega Point have a
huge ego that must be satisfied by long-dead
entities going to church?

BM