Re: FAQs: religion: cognition: evolution

From: Dennis Stevens (azoetia@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 07:53:23 MDT

That was a really great post - I didn't quote it in the interests of space.
On a side note, I wonder if further research in areas such as quantum
physics and consciousness will break down the dichotomies between matter and
spirit, subjective and objective.
    Much of the Extropian program - such as life extension, body
modification and mind-computer interaction aspects, seem to many people as a
way of mechanizing humanity. I see it as humanizing technology, actually -
but more than that, I see it as a sort of modern Alchemy.
    If one sees Alchemy as an ancient symbolic dialogue where the Alchemist
strives to transform him/herself works in and through the material world, I
think there are intriguing similarities.